So last night I tried self tanning for the first time, in YEARS, and this is how it went. I, like most sane people, were terrified of becoming a human size carrot. I keep receiving pop up ads for Bondi Sands Australian tanner of all of my social media sites, and a few of my favorite influencers have even been sponsored by them! I was like ok, ok, lets do it! Here is my YouTube video to see the process and my reaction.
I am going on a trip to Tulum, Mexico for Spring Break with one of my best friends next month and I thought I would get a head start on my tan! It sounds silly to tan before you tan, but its a thing – trust me!
First off, let me take a moment to embarrass myself with some old photos of me probably taken on my blackberry (Im that old now)!
Ok now onto my tan and the product!
I received the latest Bondi Sands Australian Tan product called Aero in Ultra Dark. Just a heads up it comes in a lighter version if Ultra Dark a bit shocking. It a foaming product that dispenses out on to hand, or mitt for better application. The first swipe made my heart race because it sure was dark!!! I knew there was no turning back so I continued!
- You can clearly see where you have applied
- Blending was easy, you just need to rub it in with your mitt
- It smells tropical, like most products promoting sun exposure…or pretending you were in the sun haha.
- $30 (1) bottle & (1) mitt can give you 3+ tans vs $60+ for a professional tan.
- I get to stay at home! woot woot! You can do this after you put the kids to bed.
- Natural color!
- Its only available at select stores like Walgreens and Target. You can purchase online through their site, and Ive seen select products off of Amazon as well.
- Its takes a while to dry. I have heard of people sleeping with this product on. If you sweat even a drop its going to be a brown disaster! I washed the dishes and it almost fainted at the thought of all the streaks staining like that.
- If you are impatient…you will not see dramatic results until 12-24 hours later. It needs time to develop – but this isn’t really a con. Its a common thing in the process!
Overall, I am obsessed. Like in my video, I knew my friends would love it and want to try it. My friend Carly came over the same night so I could tan her. She is fairer than I am and her tan looked just as natural! I can’t wait to try it again! Let me know in the comments if you have any questions about the process, if you tried it, or just to say hi!